17.) Sophomore Year
Book Title: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Pages: 180-224 since last week; 1010 since semester
Sam and Patrick are graduating from high school and Charlie is left by himself to enter his sophomore year of high school alone. As a goodbye note, Sam gives Charlie his first kiss telling him she wanted it to come from someone who loved him.
I thought it was really sweet when Sam kissed Charlie, even if it didn't mean she wanted to be with him. This novel is all about being around friends and family that love you, and being able to find yourself in the midst of that. Charlie entered high school as a quiet person, reluctant to involve himself in anything. And now Charlie is entering his second year of highschool completley uninhibited. His two best friends won't be there, but he's okay with that. It's kind of like how I felt when I was going into my second year of high school. You can do a lot of growing in just a year, and after I found friends and people I love to be around, I wasn't afraid of anything after that first year of high school.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home